Prior to delivery all controllers
are tested on a special teststation.
Download our 33
pages manual and the pc programm for free
This is your way to the SHOP <-
gearCONTROL.846 on a Windows machine 3 main input masks were
● special channel,
In addition, there is a
dialog to set up and test the pulse width modulated signals
coming from the rc reciever, see the image on the left.
gearCONTROL.846 was originally intended to provide a gear
controller for glattCAD D. H. 88 Cometīs screw
jack driven landing gear. But this small controller based on
an ARDUINO Ū platform can do much more!
the RC airplane and
functional modelling domains it can handle multiple control tasks -
● Control of up to 8 servos
or electronic speed controllers ESCs (channels) for legs,
gear doors, speed brakes, etc.
● Reading of up to 8 limit switches (with control of ESCs).
● 8 configurable in-/out speeds.
● 4 special channels, e. g. for light, flashing light,
rotating beacon, siren
on/off, etc.; both positive and negative logic.
● Consideration of mutual channel dependences embedded
in up to 6 parallel freely configurable sequences.
● Runtime monitoring for ESCs.
● Direct influence on the special channels by
transmitterīs second RC output.
● Behaviour of gear an light alternatively generated from one
or two RC channelsī information.
● Seperated power supply pins (input) for gearCONTROL.846,
servos and special channels.
gearCONTROL.846 consists of two parts,
● a small hardware module in dual layer
technology (image shows lab version), built up of microprocessor, programm and data memory, USB
port and a whole range of pins, as well as
● a PC software, with which the controller can
individually be adjusted to the desired application.
The settings at channel,
image below, include the following data for each of the 8 channels:
● Type of encoder connected (servo or ESC).
● With ESC (for screw jack drive),
- speed of motor connected to ESC, separately for insertion and
- center setting (ESC stop) between forward and backward,
- ESC monitoring time for safety stops if no limit switch has been
- number of the limit switch signalling the end position, for
insertion and retraction respectively.
● With servo,
- servoīs end position, for insertion and retraction respectively,
- servoīs starting position, with switching the controller on,
- servoīs runtime between the positions in and out.
When entering data on either of the 3 input masks a test
function has been implemented allowing for an immediate check of
the current values.
So you can instantaneously experience the
linked to the PC via USB and the already connected encoders in
for retractable landing gear,
gear doors, light and
New, additional functions for special
Programming of sequences allows to put the channels in a defined order to determine how they shall be treated.
Up to 6 sequences are provided, hence a simultaneous control of the channels is feasible, e. g. the gear legsī
movements or doors at the same time.
Between the actions programmable breaks can be inserted.
By including a special channel into the sequence(s).
e. g. a landing light
may be switched on immediately after the front gear was
Additionally special channels can also be controlled by a second RC
channel independently from the sequences of the landing
gear. By means of programming the RC transmitter each of the special
channels will then be activated via its assigned transmitter
This panel serves testing and demonstrating gearCONTROL.846īs
Two retractable gear sytems - jack and servo driven - as well as
six gear doors and four LEDs have been integrated into the
acrylic glass panel.
The tiny controller can be
seen between the gearīs wheels. For configuration purposes it is
still connected via USB to the PC in this picture.